Lallemand Belle Saison Ale Yeast
For the first time in brewing history, the complexity of Saison beer meets the simplicity and reliability of brewing with dry yeast. Belle Saison is the classic Belgian Saison strain, giving brewers the ability to create Saison and "Farmhouse" style ales that offer a host of complex characteristics associated with these intriguing styles. Belle Saison is meant to be fermented at warm temperatures (around 90F/32C) toward developing a unique combination of esters and aromatic characteristics that typify the best of these styles. As with Lallemand's other dry yeast varieties, Belle Saison offers unequaled fermentation performance, allowing you to create award-winning beers time and time again.
- Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 5 days above 17C (63F).
High attenuation and high alcohol tolerance.
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of wort.
- Low flocculation rate; settling can be promoted by cooling and by using fining agents and isinglass.
- Saison beers are quite unique to brew. During fermentation, cooling is not normally used, allowing temperature of fermentation to increase.
- Aroma is fruity, spicy and peppery due to ester and phenol production, and does not display undesirable
odors when properly handled.