The FastFerment 14 gallon conical is a one-stage fermenter, which allows brewers & winemakers to do primary & secondary fermentation in the same unit. FastFerment eliminates racking & transferring between buckets & carboys. This saves approximately 80% of the time & labor needed to make a batch of beer or wine compared to traditional methods & with less equipment, clean up is easy.
FastFerment is a professional system for the average Homebrewer & Winemaker. The conical design limits exposure to oxygen & allows for yeast harvesting. The end result is consistent high quality batches of beer & wine every time.
Fastbrewing gives their reasons why this is the best conical: The downfall of other conical fermenters is that you have to ferment the product with the valve closed and then the trub & sediment accumulates above the valve. When the fermentation is complete you have to open the valve and flush the sediment out the bottom. This results in two main issues:
- 1.You need to time the flushing of the sediment perfectly to ensure minimal loss of product.
- 2.As the sediment is flushed out, there will always be yeast and trub/sediment hazes that float up back up into your beer or wine.
- 14 US Gallon / 53 Litre Conical Fermenter
- Large Screw Top Lid with Hollow Silicon Gasket
- Rubber Grommet & 3-Piece Plastic Airlock
- Bottom Collection Ball for Harvesting Yeast
- Teflon Seated Union Valve with Fittings
- Solid Tubular Steel Stand with Assembly Screws
- PVC Hose & Hose Clamp
- Stainless Steel Thermowell
- Permanent Stainless Steel
- Teflon Tape
- Step by Step Instructions & Best Practices Manual